Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympic Preview

It was raining Wednesday on Cape Cod Bay so my crazy family went to Provincetown so I though I would stay home and give you the Olympic preview I promised.

The major story will be China itself. My question is why did the International Olympics Committee chose Beijing over cites like Paris and Toronto? How will the air quality affect the endurance events like the Marathon and Triathlon? Will Michael Phelps win seven gold medals to tie Mark Spiitz’s record of seven gold medals in a single Olympics? What will be the story of Tack and Field? Can the hometown hero Xiang Liu defend his 110-meter hurdlers title? Will Shawn Johnson or Nastia Liukin win the All Round title in Women’s Gymnastics? How will our Basketball teams do? All these questions and more will be answered in the next three weeks. Starting Friday 8-8-08 at 7:30P.M. The women’s soccer has already lost to Norway. They will have an up hill battle from here without Abby Wambach, their star forward who broke her leg in their final exhibition game. This is why I don’t like preseason games, but that’s another rant for another day. The new event to look out for this year is BMX bike racing. This should be fun to watch.

Talk to you next week, when I’M home and out of this craziness. I do love my family.

Until next time America.

Jamie Lazaroff

1 comment:

John Deary said...

Hope you had fun on cape cod?
For those who do not know, Jamie is a fantastic motivational speaker and I was fortunate enough to be able to book him from his busy schedule to speak to a group of 300 or more gymnastics coaches and athletes at a regional coaches congress last weekend in Burlington Mass.
I was so very impressed with his speech and his ability to bring the topic of the speech to sports and coaching and gymnastics. Amazing how he was able to keep the audiance hanging on every word he spoke. The standing ovation was something to see as well. When after the event people were commenting so positivly on him and his topic of inclusion and sports and life. They were very impressed with his imitation of Bela Karoly. The NBC gymnastics analyst and famous coach of Nadia and Mary Lou Retton.
I Thank him for taking of his time to speak and leave his lasting impressions.
John Deary
VP DGS